God is love, and He communicates His love to us every day. Marriage is a calling and a gift in which God mysteriously reveals himself, always calling us to a higher love. While many engaged couples focus on preparing for their wedding day, the Church encourages them to spend their engagement preparing for a strong, lifelong marriage, and the responsibilities and challenges that come with it.
Marriage preparation at Saint Ann Church focuses on the current relationship of the couple in order to prepare for the life they will spend together. Covering both the natural and supernatural aspects of married life, Saint Ann Church provides instruction -- clarifying what is marriage and how it should be lived. Rather than lectures, meetings are more like conversations, often between the couple themselves. Allow for a minimum of eight months for the marriage preparation process (from the first meeting with Fr. Fye or a deacon to the wedding date).
During marriage preparation, the couples are required to:
- Meet in person with Fr. Fye or a deacon (usually, between 5-6 times over six months).
- Take and discuss the FOCUS Inventory.
- Watch and discuss the first six episodes of Beloved by the Augustine Institute.
- Attend a Three-to-get-Married retreat.
- Receive a certification from Natural Family Planning instructor or online
- Information from the USCCB About Natural Family Planning.
- Diocese of Nashville
- Catherine Bertasi, NP, teaches Creighton Model Fertility Care at STMP Family Health Center West, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Couple to Couple League (online)
- LEARN NFP ONLINE
- SymptoPro (online)
After reviewing the above, complete this form to contact the office. Thank you!