The purpose of uniforms is to develop a greater sense of school community, reduce long-term cost to families, and to minimize distractions so that an atmosphere conducive to learning is fostered. The Saint Ann School uniform must be worn at all times throughout the school year, beginning the first day of school, unless otherwise announced. Shirts are required to be tucked into shorts, pants, or skirts at all times while on campus, with the exception of recess and Health class.
To further help with the cost to our families, the HSA typically organizes a used uniform sale at the end of each school year allowing families the opportunity to sell their gently-used uniforms to other Saint Ann School families at much reduced costs in preparation for the following school year.
NOTE: Some uniform decisions will be made at the discretion of the principal.
For details about ordering new Saint Ann School uniforms, please visit the Parker Uniform website.
Pre-K: Girls in pre-K may wear a red Saint Ann School logo polo dress, or the Saint Ann School plaid jumper with white Peter Pan collared blouse, or navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or pants (required November 1 through February 29) with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt. Students in grade pre-K are allowed to wear navy pants or shorts with elastic waistbands and belts are optional.
K-3: Girls in grades K through 3 may wear the Saint Ann School plaid jumper with white Peter Pan collared blouse, or the Saint Ann School plaid skort with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo, or navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or pants (required November 1 through February 29) with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt and a belt. A blue sweater with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
4-8: Girls in grades 4 through 8 may wear the Saint Ann School plaid skirt with either a white oxford blouse or a white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt, or navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or pants (required November 1 through February 29) with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt and a belt. A bluesweater with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
All girls in grades Pre-K-8 MUST wear shorts under their uniform jumpers and skirts.
When making purchases or alterations, remember that skirts/skorts/jumpers must remain no shorter than 2” from the floor when kneeling, and the skirts/skorts/jumpers must remain so throughout the entire school year. Be sure to leave plenty of room for student growth. Skorts and skirts may not be rolled at the waist.
Pre-K: Boys in grades pre-K may wear navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or pants (required November 1 through February 29) with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt. Students in grades pre-K are allowed to wear navy pants or shorts with elastic waistbands and belts are optional.
K-8: Boys in grades pre-K may wear navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or pants (required November 1 through February 29) with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt and a belt. A blue sweater with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
- Belts: All students (boys and girls) are required to wear a solid-colored simple or braided brown, black, or navy belt with shorts or pants at all times. The only exception is for students in pre-K.
- Jewelry: If worn, one simple and appropriate ring, and a wrist watch or bracelet, on each wrist/hand. A single necklace on a simple chain, or a religious medal, may be worn. Girls may wear post earrings only and only one per ear, on the lobe. For safety reasons, no dangling or hoop earrings, or ankle bracelets of any kind may be worn. Boys may not wear earrings to school.
- Hairstyles: Styles should be simple and off the face. Boy’s hair should not be excessively long, it must remain above the eyebrows and shirt collar throughout the day. Students will have one week to get their haircut after a written notice is sent home. Extreme styles, colors (excessive bleaching), fashions or fads are not permitted; measures to eliminate the coloring or extreme hair style will be required as deemed necessary by the principal.
- Hair accessories: Simplicity in what goes in the hair (barrettes) should be observed. No bandanas are to be worn.
- Hats: Baseball caps are not to be worn on campus. Stocking caps may be worn before school or on the playground when weather dictates.
- Makeup: No makeup may be worn. Only clear lip balm and clear nail polish may be worn. No artificial nails or painted nails are permitted; this includes all students in grades pre-K through 8
- Pants/Shorts: Must be plain, flat-fronted or pleated navy dress pants with belt loops. Pants must be worn at an appropriate length and in good repair. Belts must be worn with pants or shorts at all times. If pants/shorts not ordered from Parker Uniform, they must be similar in color and style. NO CARGO pants or shorts are acceptable. Students in grade pre-K may wear navy pants with elastic waistbands without a belt. Due to the weather, shorts are not permitted between November 1 and February 29.
- Shoes: Athletic or dress shoes may be worn. Sandals, flip-flops, boots, clogs or crocs may not be worn. Shoes must be closed toe and closed heel. Safety and comfort should be the number one priority when choosing school shoes. Athletic shoes are required for Health and Fitness class.
- Socks: Socks must be solid white or navy, above the ankle, with no messages or stripes. (Saint Ann School logo is allowed.) Ankle, crew, or knee socks are appropriate; NO low-cut or no-show socks are acceptable. Girls may wear solid black, navy or white tights, with or without socks, in cold weather.
- Sweatshirts: Saint Ann School sweatshirts may be worn with the uniform in cool weather.
Duds Day Dress Code
- Clothing appropriate for school must be worn for both a dress up day, casual day, and school functions.
- Inappropriate advertisement t-shirts, tank tops, net tops, spaghetti straps, off the shoulder, low cut, halter tops or midriffs, or any such fashion are not to be worn.
- Skirts are not to be worn shorter than uniform skirts. No miniskirts.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waistline. No low hip huggers or leggings. Shorts are to measure no shorter than 5 inches above the knee.
- No torn or ripped clothing.
- Clothing should be neither too tightly fitting nor sheer.
- All other uniform codes must be followed. This includes makeup, jewelry, and shoes.
- Clothing worn to all school events should reflect the dress code.
- Scouts may wear their dress uniform on meeting days.
Please be sure to label all articles of clothing students wear or bring to campus.