The purpose of uniforms is to develop a greater sense of school community, reduce long-term cost to families, and to minimize distractions so that an atmosphere conducive to learning is fostered. The Saint Ann School uniform must be worn at all times throughout the school year, beginning the first day of school, unless otherwise announced. Shirts are required to be tucked into shorts, pants, or skirts at all times while on campus, with the exception of recess and Health class.
Students are to remain in uniform, and dress code policies are in effect, from arrival on campus in the morning to student departure from campus in the afternoon. This includes time spent at student clubs and/or after school activities. Exceptions are made for students in the AfterCare program at the discretion of the AfterCare Director.
NOTE: Some uniform decisions will be made at the discretion of the principal.
For details about ordering new Saint Ann School uniforms, please visit the Parker Uniform website.
Pre-K may wear the polo dress
Pre-K-4: Plaid jumper, with white Peter Pan collared blouse, plaid skort, or navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or slacks worn with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt. A blue knit cardigan or pullover sweater with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
5-8: Plaid skirt with either a white oxford blouse or white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt or navy blue shorts (weather permitting) or slacks worn with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo shirt. A blue knit cardigan or pullover sweater with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
All girls in grades Pre-K-8 are to wear shorts under their uniform jumpers and skirts. They may wear the knit shorts that will be worn for P.E., cross country, and basketball.
When making purchases or alterations, remember that skirts/skorts/jumpers must remain no shorter than 2” from the floor when kneeling, and the skirts/skorts/jumpers must remain so throughout the entire school year. Be sure to leave plenty of room for student growth.
Jumpers, skorts, and skirts must be worn at or below 2” from the floor while the student is on campus. Skorts and skirts may not be rolled at the waist.
Boys or Girls
Pre-K-4: Plain, navy blue shorts (no cargo pockets) or slacks with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo, long or short sleeve shirt. A blue knit cardigan or pullover sweater with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
5-8: Plain, navy blue shorts (no cargo pockets) or slacks with white or red Saint Ann School logo polo long or short sleeve shirt or white oxford shirt. A blue knit cardigan or pullover sweater or sweater vest with Saint Ann School logo may be worn. No other exceptions.
Belts: Brown, black, or navy belts must be worn with shorts or slacks.
Jewelry: If worn, one simple and appropriate ring, and a wrist watch. No bracelets, except medical or exercise trackers. No Smart watches allowed. A single necklace on a simple chain, or a religious medal, may be worn. Girls may wear post earrings only and only one per ear, on the lobe. For safety reasons, no dangling or hoop earrings, or ankle bracelets of any kind may be worn. Boys may not wear earrings to school.
Hairstyles: Styles should be simple and off the face. Boys’ hair should not be excessively long; it must remain above the eyebrows and above the shirt collar throughout the day. Students will have one week to get their haircut after a written notice is sent home. Extreme styles, hair dying, colors (excessive bleaching), fashions or fads are not permitted; measures to eliminate the coloring or extreme hair style will be required as deemed necessary by the principal.
Hair accessories: Simplicity in what goes in the hair (barrettes) should be observed. No bandanas are to be worn.
Hats: Baseball caps are not to be worn on campus. Stocking caps may be worn before school or on the playground when weather dictates.
Makeup: No makeup may be worn. Only clear lip balm and clear nail polish may be worn. No artificial nails or painted nails are permitted; this includes all students from Pre-K through 8th.
Pants/Slacks: Must be in good repair, be worn at an appropriate length, and be plain, simple, and navy blue. If they are not ordered from Parker Uniform, they must be similar in color and style. No Cargo pants allowed. Pre-K-K may wear pants/slacks with an elasticized waistband.
Shoes: ONLY “Low-top” Athletic shoes may be worn.
Socks: Socks must be solid white, navy, black, above the ankle, with NO messages, stripes or LOGOS. Ankle, crew, or knee socks are appropriate; NO low-cut or no-show socks are acceptable. Girls may wear black, navy or white tights, with or without socks, in cold weather. Black or navy leggings that come down to the sock may also be worn.
Sweatshirts: Saint Ann School sweatshirts may be worn with the uniform in cool weather.
Additional Dress Code guidelines:
- Uniform seasonal dress code: Shorts or Pants up to Fall Break; Fall Break to Spring Break-pants/slacks only
- Any garment worn under the shirt or blouse for warmth or modesty must be solid white.
- Shorts worn under skirts and jumpers must not show below the skirt hem.
- Blouses and shirts should be tucked in neatly while in uniform.
- Pants are to be worn at the waist and should be hemmed at proper length.
- Baseball caps are not to be worn on campus. Stocking caps may be worn before school or on the playground when the weather dictates.
- Students should not have writing on their clothing or skin.
- Shoes are to be laced and tied at all times.
- Students are expected to be neat and clean in appearance. This reflects pride in themselves and their school. Torn or worn out uniforms must be replaced. Clothes must fit properly and be neither too big nor too tight.
- All students must wear appropriate outer wear in cold weather. 32 degrees and below
Out of uniform dress code
- Clothing appropriate for school must be worn for both a dress up day, casual day, and school functions.
- Inappropriate advertisement t-shirts, tank tops, net tops, spaghetti straps, off the shoulder, low cut, halter tops or midriffs, or any such fashion are not to be worn.
- Skirts are not to be worn shorter than uniform skirts. No miniskirts.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waistline. No low hip huggers or leggings. Shorts are to measure no shorter than 5 inches above the knee.
- No torn or ripped clothing.
- Clothing should be neither too tightly fitting nor sheer.
- All other uniform codes must be followed. This includes makeup, jewelry, and shoes.
- Clothing worn to all school events should reflect the dress code.
- Scouts may wear their dress uniform on meeting days.